About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Spotify's big bet on podcasts is failing, Citi says
- Holiday sales rose stronger-than-expected 8.3% as consumers bought gifts to lighten mood during pandemic
- Stocks fall to end the week, banks kick off earnings season
- 'Strong evidence' Pro-Trump rioters intended to kill Pence, members of Congress, prosecutors say
- IRS delays start of tax filing season to Feb. 12
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
At no other point in recent memory has speed in trading been more at the forefront of public discussion. The entire financial services community can thank noted author Michael Lewis for that. His “Flash Boys” book highlights the world of high-frequency trading and sets out a story line that has put computer-driven trading strategies under …
Mandating that stocks trade in set time intervals would negate some of the problems posed by high-frequency trading, according to an analysis gaining some traction. A trio of academics—University of Chicago professor Eric Budish, the University of Maryland’s Peter Cramton, and John Shim, a doctoral candidate at the Chicago Booth School—have proposed what is known …
The words “high-frequency trading” are popping up everywhere these days. What is it, how does it work and does ultra-fast trading impact you?