About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Black Friday shopping in stores craters 52% during pandemic as e-commerce sales surge
- Six things to consider before you buy a new TV this holiday season
- Energy is where investors send money ‘to die’ but there is one stock to like in the space, trader says
- Congress stalled on stimulus talks and time is running out as millions face a 'benefits cliff'
- Coronavirus vaccines may help travel recover, but it may take years to fully rebound, experts say
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
America’s Top State For Business 2014
To tell the story about recent job creation on a state-by-state basis in this country, you have to start with North Dakota. One of the plain states, its employment picture is anything but, thanks to the shale oil boom. North Dakota boasts a 2.6 percent unemployment rate (as of June 2014) and is in the enviable …
The smallest state once again has the smallest score. Rhode Island, the Ocean State, hits the bottom of CNBC’s America’s Top States for Business rankings for the third time in four years. The poor showing comes despite a sweeping package of reforms approved last year, including more than two dozen pieces of legislation aimed directly at Rhode …
One sign the national recovery may finally be taking hold is what is happening in states hit hard by the Great Recession. Take Georgia, for example. Unemployment is still above the national average, coming in at 7.2 percent in May. But the state is adding jobs faster than most of the country, helping Georgia to …