Another cyber attack on the U.S. has been linked to Chinese hackers. The New York Times reports that hackers in China broke into a government personnel database, apparently targeting tens of thousands of federal workers applying for top-level security clearance. With Target stores still reeling from a massive data breach last year, it’s clear that cybercrime is a growing problem and that means the growing demand for the insurance that covers it. Mary Thompson takes a look at the small but expanding market for cyber insurance.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Black Friday shopping in stores craters 52% during pandemic as e-commerce sales surge
- Six things to consider before you buy a new TV this holiday season
- Energy is where investors send money ‘to die’ but there is one stock to like in the space, trader says
- Congress stalled on stimulus talks and time is running out as millions face a 'benefits cliff'
- Coronavirus vaccines may help travel recover, but it may take years to fully rebound, experts say
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS