The new worry on Wall Street: earnings. Investors want to see U.S. companies deliver strong profits and revenues as the new quarterly earnings season kicks off this week. Doubts that corporate America won’t come through on that, a sign of super-high stock prices are not justified is one reason stocks sold off today. Technology, internet and biotech stocks and a lot of small-cap companies were swept up in the sell off.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Top Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated
- Watch live: World Health Organization holds a briefing on Covid as Europe's outbreak appears to slow
- Black Friday may have undergone a 'fundamental change' due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Google is tackling mental health challenges among employees through 'resilience training' videos
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Amazon, Tesla, AstraZeneca, Carnival & more
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS