Valeant Pharmaceuticals has raised its bid for Allergan, the company that makes Botox and other wrinkle smoothers. The Canadian drug maker is now offering $58.30 plus stock for each Allergan share. That could be worth more than $49 billion dollars. Shares of both companies were down in today’s session. Valeant by two percent and Allergan by more than five percent. Meg Tirrell is on the story for us.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Black Friday online shopping on track to hit record as holiday shoppers skip stores, Adobe says
- Oxford, WHO scientists say more data needed on AstraZeneca's Covid vaccine trials
- Beam customers are getting money back, but savings app still faces federal investigation
- Top Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated
- Trump will campaign for Georgia GOP Senate candidates, urges supporters not to boycott runoff elections
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS