Macy’s: the nation’s biggest department store chain, an anchor in malls from coast to coast and a shopping staple for most Americans for generations. Shares of the chain ended just a hair lower after the company reported that sales fell short of forecasts last quarter, due to all that brutal winter weather and a slow start to spring, even though profits were slightly higher. Courtney Reagan has more on Macy’s last quarter results and how confident the retailer is about business in the months ahead.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- China braces for more defaults among state firms in 2021 — and that could be a good thing
- Google and Facebook to be scrutinized by new U.K. antitrust unit from next year
- Amazon gives front-line workers a $300 holiday bonus
- Six things to consider before you buy a new TV on Black Friday
- Prestigious Silicon Valley VC firm looks to Europe for start-up success stories
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS