The Dow and the S&P 500 closed at new highs, but just barely with the S&P even topping the 1,900 mark for the first time ever during intraday trading. But there was an unexpected slow down in retail sales in April. They rose only 0.1% last month as many consumers cut back on buying big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and electronics.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Stock futures lower as Biden unveils $1.9 trillion stimulus plan
- Xiaomi shares fall 10% as U.S. adds smartphone-maker to 'blacklist'
- China is set to report GDP numbers on Monday. Here's what economists expect
- 5 high-end electric SUVs available in China right now
- China A.I. firms and Huawei filed to patent technology that could identify Uighur Muslims, report says
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS