Another huge deal in the pharmaceutical industry. Merck finalized the sale of its consumer health division today to Germany’s Bayer, selling off popular brand names like Claritin, Coppertone and Dr. Scholl’s foot care products. Despite that $14 billion sale, shares of Merck were the biggest decliners in the Dow today, falling 2.5 percent. Meg Tirrell was at Merck’s analyst day in Boston, where she spoke with the drug maker’s CEO about this latest deal and what’s next for the company.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Spotify's big bet on podcasts is failing, Citi says
- Holiday sales rose stronger-than-expected 8.3% as consumers bought gifts to lighten mood during pandemic
- Stocks fall to end the week, banks kick off earnings season
- 'Strong evidence' Pro-Trump rioters intended to kill Pence, members of Congress, prosecutors say
- IRS delays start of tax filing season to Feb. 12
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS