Three Dow components, General Electric, Goldman Sachs and UnitedHealthcare, representing three very distinct and important parts of the economy, gave us a pretty good idea of how the economy shaped up in the first quarter, and what may lie ahead. Profits at General Electric beat expectations, making it the best performing Dow stock today. Goldman also beat, closing in the green. But for UnitedHealthcare, its results sent shares sharply lower.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Trump provoked deadly Capitol riot, Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell says
- Trump pardons expected day before Biden inauguration
- Call for nominations for CNBC's 2021 Disruptor 50 list
- Bitcoin and U.S. tech stocks are the biggest market bubbles right now, investors say
- Schumer and McConnell move to set rules for deadlocked Senate, Trump impeachment trial
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS