Three Dow components, General Electric, Goldman Sachs and UnitedHealthcare, representing three very distinct and important parts of the economy, gave us a pretty good idea of how the economy shaped up in the first quarter, and what may lie ahead. Profits at General Electric beat expectations, making it the best performing Dow stock today. Goldman also beat, closing in the green. But for UnitedHealthcare, its results sent shares sharply lower.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Apple has quietly dropped 22% from its peak, giving up $500 billion in market cap
- Trump says U.S. will manufacture enough coronavirus vaccine doses for every American by April
- CDC reverses controversial coronavirus guidance that said people without symptoms may not need a test
- The TikTok and WeChat download bans, explained: CNBC After Hours
- Coronavirus live updates: CDC reverses controversial testing guidance; Europe faces second wave
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS