Tight-fisted consumers are not just watching what they spend on food, they’re cautious about all kinds of spending. As we saw in the sales drop at a number of clothing chains that reported March numbers after the market close today. Take Gap stores: sales fell six percent and numbers from its namesake stores were well below estimates. That sent shares initially lower in after-hours trading. Courtney Reagan has more on the impact of wicked winter weather as retailers hope more consumers catch a little spring fever.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- What to expect from Tesla on 'battery day'
- Dow futures fall 150 points as Wall Street tries to recover from 3-week losing streak
- A package addressed to Trump containing the deadly poison ricin was intercepted
- Ginsburg vacancy could tilt Supreme Court to Trump in potential Bush v. Gore repeat
- Market bull John Stoltzfus: U.S. is best place to invest, cites less 'froth'
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS