A volatile Friday to wrap up a volatile week on Wall Street. Stocks soared high early in the session, before ending the session with only modest gains. Good economic data helped. Personal income and personal spending both rose 0.3% in February. Despite all that cold and snowy weather at the start of the month. On Wall Street, the Dow was up as much as 150 points shortly after the open, but ended 58 points higher and higher for the week. The Nasdaq added four points, but ended its worst week in a year and a half after a sell-off in internet and biotech stocks. The S&P 500 added eight points today and was flat for the week.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- One island welcomes all vaccinated travelers — but some may want to wait
- An 'aggressive' fight over containers is causing shipping costs to rocket by 300%
- Stock futures jump ahead of the busiest week of earnings
- Biden to impose travel restrictions on South Africa, U.K. and Brazil to mitigate new Covid strains
- China surpasses U.S. as largest recipient of foreign direct investment during Covid pandemic
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS