It’s Saint Patrick’s Day so there was a lot of green on Wall Street today. Green arrows that is. A relief rally thanks to no violence following the referendum vote in Crimea. A report showing manufacturing output jumped the most in six months also added to the positive feeling. The Dow surged 181 points, the Nasdaq rose 34 points and the S&P 500 was up almost 18 points. All three indices had their biggest one day gain in two weeks.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Spotify's big bet on podcasts is failing, Citi says
- Holiday sales rose stronger-than-expected 8.3% as consumers bought gifts to lighten mood during pandemic
- Stocks fall to end the week, banks kick off earnings season
- 'Strong evidence' Pro-Trump rioters intended to kill Pence, members of Congress, prosecutors say
- IRS delays start of tax filing season to Feb. 12
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS