As the markets here rose because of a lack of violence in Ukraine, tensions between the United States and Russia are also rising. Some call it the worst superpower dispute since the Cold War. The U.S. and the European Union slapped sanctions on Russian and Ukrainian officials after a vote over the weekend paved the way for Vladimir Putin to annex Crimea from Ukraine. The economic sanctions are the most visible signs of western anger at Russia. Still, President Obama says a diplomatic solution can be reached before tensions escalate further.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- One island welcomes all vaccinated travelers — but some may want to wait
- An 'aggressive' fight over containers is causing shipping costs to rocket by 300%
- Stock futures jump ahead of the busiest week of earnings
- Biden to impose travel restrictions on South Africa, U.K. and Brazil to mitigate new Covid strains
- China surpasses U.S. as largest recipient of foreign direct investment during Covid pandemic
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS