JPMorgan Chase is facing what could be the biggest fine ever to settle allegations that it manipulated electricity markets in the Midwest and California. But that fine would be less than 10 percent of one quarter’s profits. Some legal experts say the fines for misconduct need to get a lot bigger to deter corporate misbehavior.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- One island welcomes all vaccinated travelers — but some may want to wait
- An 'aggressive' fight over containers is causing shipping costs to rocket by 300%
- Stock futures jump ahead of the busiest week of earnings
- Biden to impose travel restrictions on South Africa, U.K. and Brazil to mitigate new Covid strains
- China surpasses U.S. as largest recipient of foreign direct investment during Covid pandemic
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS