As the dismissal of the Men’s Wearhouse founder and CEO proved on Wednesday, building a company form the ground up doesn’t guarantee a founder-CEO stays in the top spot. In this report for NBR, Mary Thompson looks at the dramatic downfalls and surprising staying power of some other founder-CEOs.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Congressional lawmakers worry Trump’s payroll tax deferral will hurt Social Security
- Alphabet settles shareholder lawsuit over alleged mishandling of sexual misconduct by execs
- Dow rallies more than 300 points on Friday as tech shares bounce, cutting losses for the week
- Former MLB exec Jimmie Lee Solomon joins Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker at private equity firm
- These companies are returning more money to shareholders after cutting jobs
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS