The American consumer is still in the mood to buy cars. That’s what the CEO of General Motors told me. People are replacing their old cars with new ones and Dan Akerson says over the next five years GM will be selling 500,000 of electric type cars and trucks.
Also tonight on NBR: a burst of new hiring in the healthcare sector. Granny Nannies. We’ll tell why so many senior citizens are hiring them.
We have that and lots more on Nightly Business Report. Join us tonight.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Apple has quietly dropped 22% from its peak, giving up $500 billion in market cap
- Trump says U.S. will manufacture enough coronavirus vaccine doses for every American by April
- CDC reverses controversial coronavirus guidance that said people without symptoms may not need a test
- The TikTok and WeChat download bans, explained: CNBC After Hours
- Coronavirus live updates: CDC reverses controversial testing guidance; Europe faces second wave
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS