About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Iran warns against Trump deals as US, North Korea plan to meet
- World’s oldest person dies in Japan at age of 117
- World Bank shareholders back $13 billion capital increase
- Austin Powers movies' Mini-Me, Verne Troyer, dies
- Smile! You're on candid camera — and it may help teams and advertisers get to know you better
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
A new University of Washington study that found that the hourly wage hike could in fact be costing jobs.
Let’s ring in 2016 with a big cha-ching. Now that gift-giving season is over, it’s time to focus on you. On that annual list of New Year’s resolutions, include this one: negotiate pay. Talking salaries may stir up feelings of uneasiness, but maneuvering your way to a higher pay grade could be quite simple. In …
From major cities like Los Angeles to big businesses like McDonald’s, 2015 saw momentum for lifting pay above the federal level of $7.25 an hour. Effective Thursday and New Year’s Day, 14 states will implement higher minimum wages through legislative action or automatic cost-of-living increases. Now wage advocates are focused on 2016, as several states …