About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Here's why China is buying up so much of Australia
- Asia markets rise as dollar climbs against the yen after Abe election win
- Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill envoy after outrage
- Japan PM's ruling bloc scores big election win — constitutional reform now likely
- The US oil phenomenon that could help spark the 'tale of two markets'
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
For five years, U.S. consumers have been undergoing a massive debt reduction: Paying off credit cards, paring back spending and building up funds for a rainy day. Investors, though, have been looking to see whether Wall Street banks are lending for a positive sign that the economic recovery is picking up steam. Last week, investors …
In the last decade, peer-to-peer lenders—online platforms that connect credit-seeking consumers directly to potential lenders—have helped customers borrow to refinance student loans, pay off credit card debt and build their small businesses. Now, one lender wants to disrupt the market for mortgage originations, long dominated by big banks. San Francisco-based lender SoFi (short for “Social …