About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- 'Kinder, gentler' and other George HW Bush quotes
- France's Macron expected to promise change amid riots and 'economic catastrophe' — but is it too late?
- Europe's top court confirms that UK can stop Brexit
- Tokyo prosecutors indict Nissan's ex-chairman Ghosn for financial misconduct
- China's state-controlled media claim Canada is putting on a 'show trial' for Huawei executive
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
For five years, U.S. consumers have been undergoing a massive debt reduction: Paying off credit cards, paring back spending and building up funds for a rainy day. Investors, though, have been looking to see whether Wall Street banks are lending for a positive sign that the economic recovery is picking up steam. Last week, investors …
In the last decade, peer-to-peer lenders—online platforms that connect credit-seeking consumers directly to potential lenders—have helped customers borrow to refinance student loans, pay off credit card debt and build their small businesses. Now, one lender wants to disrupt the market for mortgage originations, long dominated by big banks. San Francisco-based lender SoFi (short for “Social …