About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Stitch Fix swings to a quarterly loss and softens outlook on shipping delays; shares plunge
- NY AG appoints lawyers to probe sexual harassment claims against Gov. Cuomo; GOP to seek impeachment
- Cathie Wood sees bitcoin joining stocks and bonds as part of the classic balanced portfolio
- Next Covid bill would provide a tax waiver on up to $10,200 of unemployment insurance benefits. Here's what you need to know
- Melinda Gates says we could reach global herd immunity from Covid sometime in 2022
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS
Business of Marijuana
The cannabis craze has sparked hopes for budding entrepreneurs looking to make it big in the potential multi-billion dollar marijuana economy.
I’ve noticed an emerging trend in the marijuana industry in Colorado. There are an awful lot of women running these businesses—whether it’s retail pot shops, manufacturing edible products infused with cannabis or running testing labs. At this week’s first-ever Colorado Cannabis Summit in Denver, the entire panel of local experts on safety and technology was …
Head up the road 60 miles northeast of Denver and you come to a place of cattle ranches and oil fields. In many ways, it’s like stepping into the Old West. And just like in the Old West, neighbors here don’t always see eye to eye. In the conservative farm town of Greeley, Colo. residents are leery …
As legalized marijuana sales take off in Colorado, here’s what a pot business model and mature marketplace might look like. Twenty states and the District of Columbia allow medical marijuana—and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced a medical marijuana plan in his State of the State speech last week. But voters in Colorado and Washington state went a …
It looks like any other business conference—lots of suits, name badges, a long line to the buffet—except that the 700 people who each paid $599 to be in this conference hall south of Seattle are in an industry unlike any other: marijuana. “This conference is 100 percent focused on business,” said Chris Walsh, editor of …