Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell signals an openness to a rate cut and Wall Street liked what it heard with the S&P 500 surpassing 3,000 for the first time and the Nasdaq finishing the day with a record close on Wednesday. We have two reports: Steve Liesman on the recap of Powell’s testimony and Bob Pisani at the NYSE with the markets’ reaction.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Land Rover returns to its roots – and new Defender will return to the US market
- Here's what happened to the stock market on Tuesday
- Houston Rockets' P.J. Tucker, the NBA's 'Sneaker King,' nears new endorsement deal with Nike
- Markets are overbought, but there's not much worry on Wall Street — yet
- Retail earnings, Fed minutes, impeachment hearings: 3 things to watch for Wednesday
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS