Fed chair Jerome Powell recently visited the Mississippi Delta, where many poor residents don’t have bank accounts. Steve Liesman reports from the region, where credit unions are now bringing banking services to some of the poorest people in the country.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Nintendo shares surge more than 16% after tie-up with Tencent to sell Switch console in China
- President Trump to meet in Japan with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in May
- US wins WTO ruling against China grain import quotas
- Nissan is said to cut global production by 15 percent
- Ancestry is pulling ad with apparent slavery-era theme
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS