There aren’t many advantages to celebrating your birthday once every fours years, but the free stuff is starting to add up.
On Monday, Pizza Hut will be giving away free one-topping Personal Pan Pizzas to carryout customers with IDs showing they were born on Leap Day.
“Pizza Hut has been the site of many, many birthday parties through the years, and since Leaplings only get to celebrate their true birthdays every four years, we wanted to make their day special and help them honor their birthdays in a big way,” Pizza Hut spokesman Doug Terfehr said in a statement.
The pizza chain will also offer all “leaplings” who attend the annual Leap Day parade in Anthony, Texas, a free cheese or pepperoni Personal Pan Pizza, via a mobile kitchen.
Pizza Hut isn’t the only company dishing out freebies on Leap Day. Hard Rock Cafe restaurants will also give customers with a Leap Day birthday a free entree from a special menu.
Not a leapling but still want free stuff or discounts? No problem. Plenty of restaurants and brands are offering special deals for the extra day.
- Restaurant chain Dog Haus is offering a free upgrade from a single to a double burger
- Eatery Legal Sea Foods is slated to sell two one-pound lobsters with two sides for $29
- Northeastern chain Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant is offering fried ice cream and a Leap Year Margarita for $2.29
- Athletic clothier Footlocker is offering 15 percent off purchases of $70 or more on Leap Day
- Hat retailer Lids will give free shipping on orders of $50 or more on Feb. 29