The new worry on Wall Street: earnings. Investors want to see U.S. companies deliver strong profits and revenues as the new quarterly earnings season kicks off this week. Doubts that corporate America won’t come through on that, a sign of super-high stock prices are not justified is one reason stocks sold off today. Technology, internet and biotech stocks and a lot of small-cap companies were swept up in the sell off.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Texas freeze helps rival oil exporters like Saudi Arabia 'tremendously,' may influence OPEC decisions
- Stock futures choppy Friday after Nasdaq suffers worst one-day loss since October
- Crypto collectibles are selling for thousands — and celebrities like Mark Cuban are cashing in
- Chinese electric car start-up Li Auto expects it will sell fewer cars than Nio has been delivering
- More travel hotspots are opening to people who work from home
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS