Macy’s: the nation’s biggest department store chain, an anchor in malls from coast to coast and a shopping staple for most Americans for generations. Shares of the chain ended just a hair lower after the company reported that sales fell short of forecasts last quarter, due to all that brutal winter weather and a slow start to spring, even though profits were slightly higher. Courtney Reagan has more on Macy’s last quarter results and how confident the retailer is about business in the months ahead.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Federal judge allows extra week for counting Wisconsin absentee ballots
- Nikola founder Trevor Milton forfeits $166 million in stock he would have lost anyway and gets to keep $3.1 billion under separation deal
- Why iPhone users are suddenly going wild creating custom looks for their home screens
- Musk cautions innovations at Tesla 'battery day' won't be widespread until 2022
- American Airlines plans pilot training on Boeing 737 Max in November
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS