Macy’s: the nation’s biggest department store chain, an anchor in malls from coast to coast and a shopping staple for most Americans for generations. Shares of the chain ended just a hair lower after the company reported that sales fell short of forecasts last quarter, due to all that brutal winter weather and a slow start to spring, even though profits were slightly higher. Courtney Reagan has more on Macy’s last quarter results and how confident the retailer is about business in the months ahead.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Top Democrat in New York state Senate calls on Gov. Cuomo to resign
- Cuomo dismisses calls for resignation as 'anti-democratic' but will sign law stripping his emergency Covid powers
- Sen. Joe Manchin open to party-line vote on future bills with voting rights legislation now in focus
- Biden calls on Congress to restore Voting Rights Act, signs orders to help expand access
- Tesla closes below $600 for the first time since December — here's what's weighing the stock down
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS