The Dow and the S&P 500 closed at new highs, but just barely with the S&P even topping the 1,900 mark for the first time ever during intraday trading. But there was an unexpected slow down in retail sales in April. They rose only 0.1% last month as many consumers cut back on buying big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and electronics.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Cramer's 3 cardinal rules for investing during a bear market
- David Tepper's Appaloosa takes new stake in Apple, cuts Facebook and Alibaba
- Watch: Fed Chairman Jerome Powell answers questions in Dallas
- Trump announces his support for criminal justice reform legislation, saying it's 'the right thing to do'
- Here are Warren Buffett's 10 biggest holdings now, half of which are banks
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS