The Dow and the S&P 500 closed at new highs, but just barely with the S&P even topping the 1,900 mark for the first time ever during intraday trading. But there was an unexpected slow down in retail sales in April. They rose only 0.1% last month as many consumers cut back on buying big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and electronics.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Elon Musk disputes Azealia Banks' claims about weekend at his home
- No 'sound investor' would want Elon Musk to remain CEO of Tesla, says former GM exec Bob Lutz
- Cramer's game plan: Get ready for a packed earnings week
- With Elon Musk's visibility 'there is incredible isolation,' leadership expert says
- US government is reportedly trying to force Facebook to help it wiretap Messenger
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS