The Dow and the S&P 500 closed at new highs, but just barely with the S&P even topping the 1,900 mark for the first time ever during intraday trading. But there was an unexpected slow down in retail sales in April. They rose only 0.1% last month as many consumers cut back on buying big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and electronics.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Cryptocurrency stunt to climb Mount Everest reportedly turns deadly
- Chinese police take down gang of inventive online reputation cleaners
- Ex-US ambassador to China: Beijing is 'very much in the driver's seat' on North Korea
- Memorial Day holiday gas prices may shock you
- Cramer: Foot Locker's stellar earnings show the 'mall is still not dead' yet
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS