The Dow and the S&P 500 closed at new highs, but just barely with the S&P even topping the 1,900 mark for the first time ever during intraday trading. But there was an unexpected slow down in retail sales in April. They rose only 0.1% last month as many consumers cut back on buying big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and electronics.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- GE CFO says no plans for an equity raise
- Warren Buffett inspired my journey to Wall St: Olympic figure skating silver medalist Sasha Cohen
- Five areas where filers are likely to cheat on their taxes
- Trump treads lightly around the NRA as he pushes for tighter gun rules after Florida massacre
- 55 percent of Americans can't define a key tax term
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS