Three Dow components, General Electric, Goldman Sachs and UnitedHealthcare, representing three very distinct and important parts of the economy, gave us a pretty good idea of how the economy shaped up in the first quarter, and what may lie ahead. Profits at General Electric beat expectations, making it the best performing Dow stock today. Goldman also beat, closing in the green. But for UnitedHealthcare, its results sent shares sharply lower.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- House passes $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill, sends it to Senate
- Cramer's week ahead: February jobs report could trigger a 'tsunami of selling'
- Crown prince's actions in Khashoggi killing leave Saudi fund vulnerable, ex-Obama official says
- Johnson & Johnson board member says 20 million Covid vaccine doses will be delivered by the end of March
- The $1.9 trillion stimulus bill would make health insurance more affordable for millions
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS