Tight-fisted consumers are not just watching what they spend on food, they’re cautious about all kinds of spending. As we saw in the sales drop at a number of clothing chains that reported March numbers after the market close today. Take Gap stores: sales fell six percent and numbers from its namesake stores were well below estimates. That sent shares initially lower in after-hours trading. Courtney Reagan has more on the impact of wicked winter weather as retailers hope more consumers catch a little spring fever.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- GOP groups quiet as billionaire donor stands accused of running biggest tax fraud scheme ever
- New York lawmakers move to strip Gov. Cuomo of emergency Covid powers as sexual harassment, death data scandals roil state
- Tesla launches social platform to spur owners to take political action on its behalf
- Cannabis stocks slump for second straight week as prospects dim for nationwide legalization
- Tesla closes below $600 for the first time since December — here's what's weighing the stock down
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS