It’s Saint Patrick’s Day so there was a lot of green on Wall Street today. Green arrows that is. A relief rally thanks to no violence following the referendum vote in Crimea. A report showing manufacturing output jumped the most in six months also added to the positive feeling. The Dow surged 181 points, the Nasdaq rose 34 points and the S&P 500 was up almost 18 points. All three indices had their biggest one day gain in two weeks.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Top Democrat in New York state Senate calls on Gov. Cuomo to resign
- Cuomo dismisses calls for resignation as 'anti-democratic' but will sign law stripping his emergency Covid powers
- Sen. Joe Manchin open to party-line vote on future bills with voting rights legislation now in focus
- Biden calls on Congress to restore Voting Rights Act, signs orders to help expand access
- Tesla closes below $600 for the first time since December — here's what's weighing the stock down
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS