As the markets here rose because of a lack of violence in Ukraine, tensions between the United States and Russia are also rising. Some call it the worst superpower dispute since the Cold War. The U.S. and the European Union slapped sanctions on Russian and Ukrainian officials after a vote over the weekend paved the way for Vladimir Putin to annex Crimea from Ukraine. The economic sanctions are the most visible signs of western anger at Russia. Still, President Obama says a diplomatic solution can be reached before tensions escalate further.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Texas freeze helps rival oil exporters like Saudi Arabia 'tremendously,' may influence OPEC decisions
- Stock futures choppy Friday after Nasdaq suffers worst one-day loss since October
- Crypto collectibles are selling for thousands — and celebrities like Mark Cuban are cashing in
- Chinese electric car start-up Li Auto expects it will sell fewer cars than Nio has been delivering
- More travel hotspots are opening to people who work from home
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS