US shares fell the most since June, albeit on light volume, as investors digested troublesome forecasts from bellwethers Cisco and Wal-Mart. Today’s sell-off accounts for about half of those declines from the all-time highs. The driving force behind the plunge: the state of the consumer.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Joe Biden is sworn in as president: 'Democracy has prevailed'
- Morgan Stanley beats estimates on better-than-expected Wall Street and wealth management results
- Options traders are betting United Airlines could tumble on earnings
- Meet 22-year-old Amanda Gorman, the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history
- S&P 500 rises more than 1% to an all-time high, Netflix leads Nasdaq to a record
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS