Consumers now pay more than half of the charges on their checking accounts in the form of overdraft fees, according to a new report by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. In this report for NBR, Kayla Tausche takes a look at how banks are raking in those fees, and what you can do about them.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Huawei's newest phone is a high-end alternative to Samsung, Apple devices
- Annual US-South Korea war games may get shelved next year
- Singapore GDP blows past expectations: Growth revised sharply up to 8.8 percent
- Ethnic cleansing in Myanmar threatens Chinese investments. Beijing is taking action
- Investors have plenty to be thankful for this year, and the trend will continue, strategist says
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS