The bill that requires out-of-state retailers to collect tax on any Internet sales is heading for the House, after the Senate easily passed the bill Monday night. In a report for NBR, Hampton Pearson explains why passage of the measure is not a sure thing, and dueling analysts – David Quam, director of federal relations for the National Governors Association, and Steve DelBianco, executive director of NetChoice – debate the issue.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Trump agrees to deal in which TikTok will partner with Oracle and Walmart
- 'Schitt's Creek' or 'The Good Place' could give cable a rare chance to shine at the Emmys
- Trump wants to move 'without delay' to replace Ginsburg, setting up epic Supreme Court fight before election
- CDC reverses controversial coronavirus guidance that said people without symptoms may not need a test
- ‘A woman of valour’ — Supreme Court mourns the loss of Justice Ginsburg
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS