Planned layoffs in April dropped to their lowest levels of the year, according to a report from consultants Challenger, Gray and Christmas. CEO John Challenger talks to NBR about his firm’s report, and how the planned layoffs slowdown, combined with the lower weekly unemployment claims, fueled hopes that more companies are poised to do some hiring.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Cramer Remix: Prepare yourself for more pain in homebuilding stocks
- China will someday be the largest cruise market in the world, Carnival Corp CEO says
- Apple signs deal with Volkswagen for driverless cars
- Cramer's charts suggest investors buy Akamai and sell Walmart
- Cramer credits Tiffany's staggering post-earnings rally to new CEO, strong execution
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS