Stock markets around the world responded to a plan, floated over the weekend, to bail out the troubled banks of the tiny island-nation of Cyprus. Part of the proposal included taking money from depositors to pay for the rescue. Sue Herera reports for Nightly Business Report (NBR) on why Cyprus matters.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Former China internet regulator probed for suspected graft
- Asia markets trade higher as Hong Kong's Hang Seng index tops 30,000
- Kevin O'Leary thinks Meg Whitman could run for president, but Whitman says she has no plans to run
- Meg Whitman to leave role as CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, shares tumble 6%
- Cramer Remix: For investors scared of this market, it could be time to sell
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS