Stock markets around the world responded to a plan, floated over the weekend, to bail out the troubled banks of the tiny island-nation of Cyprus. Part of the proposal included taking money from depositors to pay for the rescue. Sue Herera reports for Nightly Business Report (NBR) on why Cyprus matters.
About NBR“Nightly Business Report produced by CNBC” (NBR) is an award-winning and highly-respected nightly business news program that airs on public television. Television’s longest-running evening business news broadcast, “NBR” features in-depth coverage and analysis of the biggest financial news stories of the day and access to some of the world’s top business leaders and policy makers.
- Markets watching for a steady hand in Powell as he navigates Congress for the first time
- Astronomers spotted Elon Musk’s Tesla in orbit
- Facebook removes violent Oculus VR game demo from kiosk at conservative political conference
- The market just woke up after hitting the 'afternoon snooze button' all week
- Georgia just handed Atlanta a new political problem in bid for Amazon HQ2
NBR on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to RSS